Choosing a proper ergonomic desk chair that fits your unique body type is not simple, but a good amount of research and a little helpful advice will surely help you find an office chair that will suit you best. The growing demand for ergonomic office chairs has urged manufacturers to expand their selection and include more features, styles, materials, and colors to accommodate different kinds of consumers.
Your back is one of the most essential body part and it’s high time that you treat it well. A proper ergonomic office chair will provide maximum support and comfort and will help relieve neck and back strain that result from extended hours of sitting. Most business owners who get this type of chair are amazed at the enhanced productivity of their employees after getting them quality ergonomic chairs.
Here are tips that will help you get a good idea of what to look for when looking for an ergonomic chair:
1. Ergonomic desk chairs are not the same. The price normally dictates whether your office chair has minimal or numerous features. You will soon discover that ergonomic chairs vary greatly in price, ranging from $50 to $1000. Some are only able to serve you for a year while some good quality chairs are built to last a lifetime. Try to set your budget as high as possible if you are aiming to have the best and most comfortable chair.
2. One size doesn’t fit all users when it comes to ergonomic chairs. Remember to look for an ergonomic chair that has more adjustable features than others. It will definitely make it easier for you to adjust the chair to suit your body type. In addition, if your chair ends up being used by others in the future, adjusting it to fit their unique needs will be simpler.
3. Take note of the shape and size of the back rest and seat cushion. The majority of ergonomic chair makers market ergonomic office chairs that have different seat sizes. Of course, the ideal seat size for you will be determined by your body size. This is one of the factors where ergonomic chairs vary from regular office chairs — standard chairs seldom come in more than one size.
4. Check if the tilt and the height of the seat can be adjusted. Nearly all office chairs will allow you to adjust the height pretty easily but only ergonomic chairs will allow you to adjust the tilt of the seat. The tilt adjustability feature provides greater comfort than the height adjustability feature alone.
5. Ensure that the back cushion have multiple depth settings. Never go for back cushions that tend to stay in one place. The majority of ergonomic chair manufacturers add a feature that allows you to make adjustments in the tilt or depth of your back support cushion, helping your body attain the proper posture ideal for prolonged computer use.
6. Lastly, make sure that the ergonomic desk chairs that you will buy are covered under warranty.